Most event promoters don’t realize that their online ticketing page is a gold mine of potential revenue. Though the goal of your page is for people to purchase tickets to your event, this is a prime time to offer additional perks that increase your bottom line. Your ticket purchasers already have their credit card pulled out and are ready to pay for the experience; now you might as well provide additional opportunities to not only increase your total revenue but also enhance the ticket purchaser's experience.
Here are a 5 ways to add to your page that will increase your revenue before they even click "Submit" to checkout:
- SWAG - Since people already have their credit card pulled out to pay for the event, this is the perfect moment to have merchandise offered on your page. This gives them the opportunity to add a t-shirt to their order with a simple click of the button. Not only does this add to your revenue, it also gets them pumped for your event. They can pick up the swag at the event or have it shipped to them so that they can wear it to the event. Either way, purchasing swag connects your customers to the experience and adds to your pocket.
- TICKET LEVELS - When you have only one ticket level, you miss out on the niche of people who are willing to pay extra for a more expensive ticket level. It is actually surprising the number of people who will purchase the more expensive ticket level because of the status and included perks. Offering a VIP level, adds dimension to your event. You might even find some folks may not want to be grouped under "General Admission" and will pay the extra buck to make sure their ticket says VIP.
- OPTIONAL DONATION - Most event promoters don’t realize the power of having a simple optional donation field on your ticket page. This can be a donation to help another sponsor or partner organization or it can be a donation to help your own organization. Since their card is already out, and people usually want to help, if given the opportunity to donate (easily) they may throw a few extra bucks into their order.
- PERKS - Providing optional add-ons give the ticket buyer another level of experience with your event. Successful music events offer additional activities such as, meet and greet with the artists, VIP parties, or backstage access. Other perks could be package add-ons that include free swag or drinks at the event. These features give the ticket buyer the opportunity to become more engaged at the event, making them more of a participant rather than just an attendee while simultaneously increasing your revenue.
- PRICING PROMOTIONS - Various price promotions help generate demand. One of the most common pricing promotions that help drive revenue is the early bird pricing. This not only helps drive sales early on, but more people will jump on board because of the limited time with the lower price. Having other time or supply limited promotions like a 24 hour buy one get one promotion, or giving a free t-shirt when a second ticket is purchased, help not only increase attendance but alongside these additional revenue-driving pieces, will only drive your revenue through the roof.
Feel free to take our advice and add these ideas to your page, then simply sit back and watch the money roll in. You’ll wonder why you never thought to do this before!